QMC2 0.41 has been released today!
The MAME/MESS team decided to change their release model and no longer produce u-releases, so the intervals between two major releases are a lot shorter than before. We still want to keep in sync with them, but this obviously means fewer changes between two QMC2 releases.
However, we still have some nice additions for you this time :). Most importantly, QMC2 Arcade received support for mapping (theme-specific / native) key-sequences to any other key-sequences and/or joystick-functions. And Qt CHDMAN GUI is now scriptable – for more information see our new qchdman-related wiki-page.
This version is in sync with MAME/MESS/UME 0.151. Please see the change-log below for details!
The source code is now available in the download section. As always, expect updated binary packages within the next few hours and days!
The QMC2 dev-team
Full change-log for v0.41:
- fix: QMC2 Arcade: disabled GTK style related work-around for Mac OS X
- fix: foreign emulator support: the selection of a foreign emulator in the system’s configuration wasn’t correctly honored on emu-launch
- imp: template-map check: switched the order in which differing default values are logged (the expected value is shown first now, the second value is the one from the currently active template)
- imp: QMC2 Arcade / ToxicWaste theme: updated cabinet overlay image made by Jacques Châtelet (JacKc), added auto-stopping of animation and wave effect when emulators are running
- imp: new logo images for all QMC2 variants, also by Jacques Châtelet (JacKc)
- imp: improved key-sequence and joystick-function scanners
- new: QMC2 Arcade: added support for key-sequence mapping
- new: QMC2 Arcade: added support for digital joysticks (mapping their functions to key-sequences)
- doc: completed all man-pages